Waste water bio-degradation pools
Packaging material reused as seedling planters
Plastic waste designated for recycling
Brookside Dairy has adopted a structured waste management. Branded ' The 3 R Strategy', we aim to:
- Reduce waste
- Reuse what can reused
- Recycle what can be reycled
- We reduce water usage at the factory and all other areas.– no wastage
- We reduce cleaning chemicals usage
- We reduce use of printing paper in offices by encouraging “ soft communications”
- We always switch off lights when leaving the room. Hence save energy
- We switch off equipments /machines when not in use. Save energy
- We reduce fuels usage by servicing boilers, vehicles and other equipments on time.
- We reduce the use of fuel in the boilers by monitoring efficiency levels
- We reduce packaging material waste from filling machines by timely servicing and frequent monitoring.
- We reuse packaging materials as tree seedling planters
- We encourage the re use of the plastic containers for yoghurt and butter for other uses at home. – as containers.
- We recycle waste water from the factory and use it to water our trees
- We recycle the plastic waste through NEMA registered recyclers
The company has aligned its waste management alongside the requirements of the Environmental Management Coodination Act which provides for a cleaner, greener environment.
Once all solid and liquid waste from our production line is gathered, the solid waste is sorted out into palstic, glass, carton, paper, metal and electrical gear.
SPlastic, carton, paper and metal are collected by contracted National Environmental Management Authority (NEMA) licensed recycling companies and are disposed of according to approved procedures.
Part of the waste such as TR milk packaging is reused to plant seedlings, some of the solid wate is also incinerated at the plant.
Liquid waste undergoes bio-treatment for purification before being reused to water trees under the greening program.