About Brookside Dairy
- We are a 100pc Kenyan owned enterprise with a 15 year proud heritage of success;
- We have fully fledged operations in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania;
- Our products are available in the Eastern Africa, COMESA and SADC blocs, and as far a field as the middle east;
- We are a major contributor to the region’s economy through tax revenue, job creation etc. (Peter to provide breakdown of tax payments to the Exchequer in the last 5 years)
- We are firmly committed to the development of the regional livestock sector through partnership with other stakeholders who include government and non-governmental organizations;
- We have heavily invested in world class milk production processes to guarantee our consumers world-class products;
- We have a network of milk collection and cooling centres throughout Kenya including Eldoret, Kiganjo, Sabatia in Eldama Ravine, Ol Kalou, Muki in North Kinangop and Wakulima in Nyeri ensuring support for a cross section of Kenyans;
Brookside Dairy is a major Employer
- We are an equal opportunity employer and are guided by a principle of strict adherence to merit and professionalism in employment.
- We offer good remuneration to our employees and offer them career progression opportunities that include regular training and promotions;
- We directly employ 1,500 Kenyans and indirectly support another 150,000 Kenyans in the value chain including farmers, suppliers, retailers, transporters, distributors etc;
- We have created employment for another 10,000 people in Tanzania and Uganda through our regional network of milk procurement, processing and distribution;
Brookside Dairy is a major milk processor
- We are the leading milk processor in Kenya with an installed milk processing capacity of 750,000 litres per day;
- We have the most modern milk processing technology throughout our milk processing facilities in Ruiru, Eldoret and Kiganjo;
- We are continuously upgrading our capacity in order to receive more milk from farmers, and provide consumers with a reliable all year round supply of our products;
Brookside Dairy takes pride in having world-class operations and products
- We take pride in our wide range of tried and tested products that satisfy both local and regional needs;
- Our operations are certified both ISO 9000; 2001 and HACCP compliant;
- All our products bear the Kenya Bureau of Standards Diamond Mark of Quality;
- Our operations have won Quality Management awards at the Company of the Year Awards (COYA) in 2006 (Quality Management Practice Award) and 2007 (Supply Chain Management Award).
Brookside Dairy support the success of our Farmers
- We have invested heavily in the growth and development of our small-scale farmers in the last 15 years from whom we currently receive 95 percent of our milk deliveries;
We currently partner with over 100,000 small-scale dairy farmers throughout Kenya who benefit from our farmer support program that guarantees them the following;-
- Prompt payment
- Guaranteed market for their milk;
- Empowerment through education;- Regular dairy training courses to help them maximize their milk production. The climax of the training is the biennial Brookside Livestock Breeders Show & Sale where both small and large scale farmers interact to share experiences, and market their breed to the world. The Show draws international participation and the 2008 event will be held in June at the ASK Jamhuri Park.
- Loan Facilities- We guarantee loans at Equity Bank, the Kenya Commercial Bank and the Cooperative Bank which farmers can borrow and expand their businesses;
- Grassroots milk collection network;- Our facilities are close to farmers saving them transport costs and losses from wastages during delivery;
- Credit Facilities;- We offer farmers farm inputs and animal feeds on credit which we deliver to them to enable them improve the quality of their animals;
- Support for Cooperatives;- We assist farmers set up cooperative societies to purchase milk cooling facilities in order to minimize wastages;
Brookside Dairy Invests in Youth Development and Education
- We are committed to the full development of our youth in the region and sponsor both academic and extra-curricula activities with the aim of helping them attain their full potential. Our sponsorship includes;
- Education;- Through our Education program we partner with schools in order to promote academic excellence. In this regard we support school award schemes and provide schools with learning facilities including computers, tables, chairs, books etc
- Sports;- We continue to invest heavily in sports to enable the nurturing of sporting talent among our youngsters. Through our sports sponsorship our youth get an opportunity to pursue sports as a career. Our sponsorship has extended to school tournaments including the annual East African Secondary School Championships, the Premier Soccer League side Thika United FC where we provide a linkage from school to professional soccer for talented students.
- Social Responsibility Projects;- We key sponsors of such activities as the Annual Freedom from Hunger Walk which aim to inculcate a sense of social responsibility among our youth.
- Scholarship for needy students;- We donate Ksh. 300, 000 annually to sponsor the education of needy students, thereby helping them achieve their academic goals.
Brookside Dairy Honours its Corporate Social Responsibility
- We believe in giving back to the communities where we do business by sponsoring sustainable projects aimed at improving the living standards of the people. Some of the projects we support include;
- Provision of Water;- Through our support for the Annual Freedom from Hunger Walk we are able to raise funds to construct water dams to help provide water for needy communities;
- Security;- We have helped renovate police stations in various parts of the country to help enhance security for the community;
- Lighting;- We continue to sponsor street lighting projects aimed at lighting up dark areas and hence enhance security;
- Community Projects;- raised in the walk go towards supporting projects aimed at alleviating hunger and poverty among the most vulnerable in society including construction of water dams and food provision;
- Community Development;- We help repair damaged roads, put up cattle dips and fix other infrastructure to help improve milk delivery and improve general living standards and communities where we operate.